Many people who have persistent shoulder pain never seek medical attention. Seldom does this approach lead to a satisfactory outcome. Don’t ignore shoulder pain! The longer a painful condition is left untreated, the harder it is to heal. The Houston physicians at Houston Spine and Sports Medicine employ advanced diagnostic and therapeutic techniques for shoulder pain. They include the following:
- Complete biomechanical physical exam of the musculoskeletal system
- Possible further diagnostic testing (MRI/X-ray/ultrasound) may be necessary depending on the exam
- An individualized functional restorative treatment plan is developed taking into account multiple complex factors
- Regenerative Injection Therapies (prolotherapy and platelet rich plasma)
Types of Treatment:
The shoulder joint is very muscle dependent and treatments of shoulder problems must take this into account. Treatments may include:
- Activity modification
- Neuro-Reeducation Techniques (Physical Therapy , Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS), Mesotherapy)
- Custom rehabilitation program
- Regenerative Injection Therapies (Prolotherapy , Platelet-Rich Plasma)
This approach helps address the particular mechanical problems associated with a person’s shoulder dysfunction and results in a better treatment outcome.
If shoulder pain becomes a fairly constant companion, don’t ignore your pain and hope it will disappear. Early treatment of this problem, like many musculoskeletal maladies, will give you the distinct advantage of a quick recovery.